Herby chickpea farinata is such a fab little snack to whip up that’s easy, fast and ultra affordable. It only has a handful of ingredients with the key one being SodaStream sparkling water to create that incredibly light and crispy texture.
- 1 ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 ½ cup SodaStream sparkling water
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil plus extra for the pan
- Zucchini ribbons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220C fan-forced.
- Place a small skillet or oven-safe pan into the oven to heat up.
- Whisk together chickpea flour, sparkling water, salt and parlsey in a bowl.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes then add the olive oil and whisk again.
- Once the oven has heated up, carefully take your pan out and add a drizzle of olive oil and a ladle of mixture to it. Put it back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully take the cooked farinata out of the pan using a spatula and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve with zucchini ribbons, a drizzle of olive oil and a good sprinkle of salt. You might like to add a little balsamic glaze too.
Recipe by: Melanie Lionello @frommylittlekitchen