Sweet blackberries simmered down and shaken to perfection with egg whites then topped up with SodaStream sparkling water for a silky, delicious cocktail that everyone will love! SO easy and so delish - plus look at that gorgeous frothy bubbly top! - Melanie Lionello @FromMyLittleKitchen
- 10 Blackberries
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- Juice of one Lemon
- 2 Egg whites
- 60mL Gin
- Sparkling water
- Place blackberries, sugar and lemon into a small saucepan and heat on a low heat.
- While it’s beginning to heat up, squash the blackberries with a muddler and stir them around. Heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is dark purple in colour and begins to thicken to a syrup.
- Remove from heat and then strain through a tea strainer and let it cool completely.
- Once cool, add the syrup to a cocktail shaker or small blender along with egg whites, ice and gin.
- Shake vigorously or blitz for 20-30 seconds then pour equally into two glasses and top up with sparkling water.
Recipe by: Melanie Lionello @FromMyLittleKitchen